Melbourne’s 5 Best Backpacker Hostels
Australia has gained its popularity as the dream backpacker's destination. A country rich in history, iconic landscapes, and friendly people. A visit to any of the capital cities is an adventure waiting to be had. Melbourne, Australia's second largest city as well as its most established metropolis is no exception.
Why You Shouldn't Miss Backpacking in Melbourne?
Whether you're a newbie or a seasoned backpacking veteran, missing out on the beauty of Melbourne is unforgivable. With excellent public transport, friendly locals, and a proclivity to celebrate the arts – there is something for everyone in this amazing city.
1. Hostels in Melbourne provide budget travellers with great standards of service. It has been reported that Melbourne is probably one of the three or four best cities in Australia to backpack and sleep cheaply.
2. Backpackers usually opt to walk around Melbourne's city centre, and this is more convenient using public transport. A short trip on the train from Flinders Street station will take you to St Kilda, a beachside suburb along the famous bay – Port Phillip Bay.
3. The Brunswick Street in Fitzroy is said to be the backpacker's hotspot in Melbourne. Around this boulevard, you can find an array of budget-friendly cafes, bars, and restaurants
4. Melbourne has a lot of free attractions to offer. Check out the State Library of Victoria, which is a beautiful architectural piece in the city and it is completely free to enter. The Royal Botanic Gardens are also free to enter, offering visitors a great place to relax after exploring all the city has to offer. It also has multiple BBQ areas for those who like grilling their own food!
5. If you're looking for an even cheaper option, there are plenty of ways to save money in Melbourne. Ask your friends if they have a couch to crash on. If they don't, most Melbourne pubs open their doors till very late at night and offer food that's dirt cheap.
With that, choosing the best hostels in Melbourne will be a bit easier for you, especially if you're on a shoestring budget.
What Are The Top Hostel In Melbourne?
Located across the Flinders Street Station, United Backpackers is located from some of the best sights of Melbourne. For a reasonably priced backpackers, this hostel is ideal and boasts fantastic facilities which are sure to make your stay an enjoyable one.
United Backpackers has eight rooms on offer which include five single rooms, one family room, and two dorms that accommodate up to 15 people each. You'll be able to cook in the kitchen and store your things in the communal lockers as well as have access to free internet throughout the day
The hostel also offers free breakfast. You'll be able to get a free bagel, banana, tea or coffee. There's also a common room for you to meet up with friends and party in.
1. United Backpackers
Established in 1988, Polito Wood Fire Oven is a family-owned business known to produce top-quality wood fired ovens. Polito ovens are primarily known for their big and beautiful Ready Made Ovens ideal for small backyards to spacious outdoor kitchens with entertaining spaces.
The Donatello II is another known wood fired oven from Polito. It is a lightweight one with a more traditional look and feel. Polito's commercial ovens are also custom-built to the requirements and specifications of the customer. Aside from the impressive lists of wood fired ovens, Polito also offers a wide array of pizza oven accessories to enhance your cooking or baking skills more.
2. Sydney Backpackers Hostel Melbourne
Home away from home? Then we've got the perfect hostel which caters for everyone and has everything you need for an unforgettable stay in Australia's beating heart.
You can expect to find an eclectic and friendly vibe. This hostel offers you a wide range of facilities which are meant to make your stay a memorable one but also provide you with all the comfort that you'll require for an enjoyable stay while in Melbourne.
There are a number of bedrooms available, ranging from private twin rooms, dorms as well as female only single rooms.
3. Cheapie Backpackers
If you're on a budget then you'll be happy to hear Cheapie Backpackers is one of the best hostels in Melbourne. This hostel has a friendly, welcoming vibe and provides amazing value for money.
It's perfect for those who want to meet new people and enjoy a cheap stay in Melbourne. Accommodating up to 23 people, this hostel has most of its rooms in double rooms with some single rooms as well.
Good thing about is being a hostel that is close to the CBD as there are many cheap cafes and restaurants around. If you're looking for the best backpacking hostel in Melbourne, then Cheapie Backpackers is a great option for you!
4. Melbourne City Backpackers
For those of you who are travelling alone and looking for the best backpacking hostel in Melbourne, then look no further. Melbourne City Backpackers is the perfect place to haven while on your trip.
It's located in the heart of Melbourne's CBD which makes it easy for you to get around the city. If you want to meet new people while in Melbourne then this hostel is perfect for you. It provides a clean and safe environment and has plenty to offer visitors such as a fully equipped kitchen, accessible lockers, free tea and coffee and free wifi.
5. Space Hotel
Space Hotel is a backpackers located in the heart of the city, making it one of the best hostels in Melbourne. It's fully equipped with a 24 hour reception desk, free WiFi and comfortable beds with their own lockers for your safety.
What's great about it is its location. It's steps away from some of Melbourne's most popular attractions including Federation Square, the Flinders Street Station and the Melbourne Museum.
Aside from that, Space Hotel offers free linen, free breakfast, laundry services and a communal kitchen where you can cook your meals. It's a friendly place that you'll love to visit.
With these hostels in Melbourne you'll be able to live like an Aussie without spending much money at all.
With a variety of hostels in Melbourne and plenty of other cities, we're sure the hostel trip won't be a pain. You'll get to see some of Australia's top attractions as well as meet new people, making it perfect for those who want to have the best time while on their road trip.